With FDA regulations looming over the industry, 99% of the e-liquid available today will be eliminated from the marketing within the next 3 years. Now is the time for you to learn and fall in love with DIY e-juice. Here are some great reasons why you should start making your own e-juice:
- Customize vapor blends based on your personal flavor profile preferences. Learn and exchange recipes online.
- Create, learn and exchange e-juice recipes with your friends, online vape communities and Facebook DIY ejuice and vape groups.
- Only FDA approved e-liquids will be allowed for sale in the US. The FDA admits the process for FDA approval is tedious and expensive. The FDA PMTA approval process is daunting and reasonably unattainable for all the small businesses that build the vaping industry and made vaping greatin the first place.
What You Need:
- First you need to pick out some flavor concentrates. Liquid flavor concentrates are usually PG based and can sometimes be alcohol based. Do not vape oil based flavors. Typically you will use 5-20% of flavor concentrate per batch of e-liquid. For example, a 100ml bottle of finished e-liquid may require between 5 – 20ml of liquid flavor concentrate.
- Secondly you need unflavored PG or VG basefor your mix, this dilutes flavor and creates the vapor clouds. PG is propylene glycol and give more sensation (throat hit) when you inhale while VG (vegetable glycerin) has less sensation feeling but more vapor production or thicker and denser vapor clouds.
- Third you can use an additive, stimulant, or supplement such as nicotine, caffeine, or vitamins. Make sure you know what you are doing so you don’t add too much, you certainly don’t want to experience and unwanted side-effects.
Good luck and have fun mixing! Please share your favorite e-juice recipes by visiting our website.